Observe Kombu fishing
- Kombu fishing starts about middle of July.
- Depends on the timing and whether, you might be able to see Kombu fishing boat from the coast.
- The way they catch the kombu is so traditional and professional, so it’s worth to see.
Whale View Park
- Be able to see beautiful views of Nemuro strait and Kunashiri island.
- Might be able to see whales and orcas using a binoculars.
Shiretoko Rausu visitor center
- Located in the forest as an entrance of the Shiretoko National Park.
- Be able to learn about nature and animals of Rausu, also can take a lecture for trekking.
- The video of four seasons in Rausu is the master piece.
- There is a geyser behind the facility and it’s squirt about once an hour.
- Enjoy a Kombu ramen at Shiretoko shokudo which is in MICHINOEKI.
- There is ocean view seats on the second floor.
Trekking at Lake Rausu
- The biggest lake in Shiretoko peninsula, Its length around the lake is about 6 km.
- There are 5 ponds around the lake.
- Be able to see plants which is seen in both alpine and moor, it’s so rare experience.
- Better wearing rain boots for a muddy road condition to avoid stepping on the plants that grow on the side of the road.
Drive to Shiretoko pass
- Located on the Route 334, connecting between Rausu and Utoro.
- Altitude about 740m.
- Be able to see beautiful views.
- Closed from November to end of April.
- Have a dinner and relax at Hotel with hot spring.
- The quality of hot spring in Rausu is great and it’s good for your health.
Whale and Bird Watching cruise
- Get on the cruise and have a great encounter experience with wild life.
- There is high late of chances to encounter Orcas, Whales, Dolphins, and Birds in Summer.
- Enjoy seafood with eating fresh seafood bowl.
- There is two kind of soft ice cream which is “Kombu” and “Deep sea water and salt”.
Shiretoko cape and Brown bear watching
- You’ll have great experience of adventure to tip of the Shiretoko peninsula.
- Be able to observe brown bears safety taking proper distance with them.
Aidomari hot spring
- Easternmost hot spring in Japan.
- Working day / From middle of May to middle of September
- Working hours / Sunrise to Sunset.
- Setting separate bathroom and changing room by gender from July to September.
- Enjoy local meals and drinks at restaurants which located in downtown.
- Staying the Hotel in down town is easy and convenient way if you would like to enjoy local meals and drinks at restaurants.