Rausu municipal museam
- Rausu has interesting history.
- Be able to see cultural and important artifact.
Shibetsu salmon museum
- You can learn all things about salmon seeing many exhibits and having a lecture by professional staff.
- Be able to observe many kind of salmons.
- The number of salmonid fish exhibits is top in JAPAN.
- Enjoy salmon set meal at local restaurants.
- Salmons catch in Rausu has good fat and it makes rich taste.
Observe running up salmon
- Observe running up salmons at mouth of Rausu river.
- There is some points to see running up salmon in Rausu.
Drive to Shiretoko pass
- Located on the Route 334, connecting between Rausu and Utoro.
- Altitude about 740m.
- Be able to see beautiful views.
- Closed from November to end of April.
Observe Blakiston’s fish owl
- Be able to observe Blakiston’s fish owls.
- Be able to observe not only owls but another wild animals around here.
Shooting the sun rising from Kunashiri island
- Rising up sun from Kunashiri island is what you can see only here.
- The view is stunning and you might be feel some history seeing it.
Trekking at the Kumage Water falls
- It’s located on the way to The Shiretoko pass.
- The trekking course is about 2 hours go and back, so it’s not hard for beginners as well.
- Rausu is well known for Atka mackerel, please enjoy set meal of it.
- Atka mackerel took in autumn is big size and that oily taste is amazing.
Rusa field house
- Be able to learn about wildlife of both in the sea and mountains in Shiretoko.
- Be able to get informations and lecture for go into the nature safely, such as a Shiretoko cape, Mountains, and ocean.
● Relax at the pension located in outside of the town.
● You can have calm and quiet time at great place.