Check more details
Jodai temple and Rausu shrine
- Get a ”SACHI MAMORI” at Rausu shrine which will brings you a happiness.
- SACHI means happiness, MAMORI means charm in Japanese language.
- Both places are good point to see cherry blossoms.
- Rausu is known as one of the last place to bloom cherry blossoms in JAPAN.
Shiretoko Rausu visitor center
- Located in the forest as an entrance of the Shiretoko National Park.
- Be able to learn about nature and animals of Rausu, also can take a lecture for trekking.
- The video of four seasons in Rausu is the master piece.
- There is a geyser behind the facility and it’s squirt about once an hour.
- Enjoy seasonal fish for spring “TOKISHIRAZU”. It’s precious because the amount of catch them is not so many through a year.
- Be able enjoy both Sashimi and grilled at the same time by eating Tokishirazu meal set.
Whale and Bird Watching cruise
- Get on the cruise and have a great encounter experience with wild life.
- Encounter rate for orcas in spring is quite high.
- Huge amount of Short-tailed Shearwater also may be see in spring.
Youtube video for the cruise
Youtube video of Short-tailed Shearwater
Break and Shopping
- Have a break time and enjoy shopping at MICHINOEKI.
- Get snacks and sweets for your treat. Kombu sticks and Kombu ice cream is popular.
- Have a dinner and relax at Hotel with hot spring.
- The quality of hot spring in Rausu is great and it’s good for your health.
Check more details
Trekking at Kumagoe water falls
- It’s located on the way to The Shiretoko pass.
- The trekking course is about 2 hours go and back, so it’s not hard for beginners as well.
Kumanoyu hot spring
- Located in the forest along the Rausu river.
- Fisherman and locals use it daily.
- Well known as great quality of hot spring and its high temperature.
- Please follow the rules.
Rausu Kunashiri observation Tower
- The best spot to observe whole the Rausu town.
- You can see the Kunashiri island and Mt. Rausu when the sky is being clear.
- Be able to learn about history between Rausu and Kunashiri island.
- Enjoy take out food made by fresh seafood and local ingredient.
- Get a fast food and find your favorite place to enjoy your lunch time.
Whale View Park
- Be able to see beautiful views of Nemuro strait and Kunashiri island.
- Might be able to see whales and orcas using a binoculars.
Rusa Field House
- Be able to learn about wildlife of both in the sea and mountains in Shiretoko.
- Be able to get informations and lecture for go into the nature safely, such as a Shiretoko cape, Mountains, and ocean.
- The end point of the Route 87 and not able to go any further by car.
- This place is in the Shiretoko National Park. Therefore, the water around here is clear and air is fresh, so you can feel difference from the town atmosphere.
- Enjoy fresh and tasty sushi dinner.
- The sushi restaurant “ISAMI” is popular from not only tourists but fisherman and local people.
- Staying the Hotel in down town is easy and convenient way if you would like to enjoy local meals and drinks at restaurants.